Just a little post to catch things up from the past couple of weeks.
- Dad’s home. He was in the hospital for six days before moving to a rehab facility. He was there for just over a week. He has a good amount of pain yet, but the healing is going pretty quickly, all things considered.
- I bought myself a Christmas gift: a Nintendo Wii. I’ve been thinking about getting one for a while, but wasn’t really planning to get one when I was running errands last Wednesday. I popped into Best Buy since I had to drive right by it anyway, thinking I’d probably just get a Nintendo DS game or something. But lo and behold, they had a Wii, and it’s now residing on my computer stand (good thing my monitor is a flat screen…eventually I’m hoping to move the Wii into the entertainment center instead).
- I haven’t played much on the Wii yet, as I ended up coming down with stomach flu/food poisoning on Thursday, and I pretty much just slept and read books until Saturday morning. I hardly ate anything for those two days, and it was such a nice feeling to wake up Saturday with a normal appetite.
- Over the weekend I got pretty far in feeling caught up for the holidays by finishing the design for my Christmas cards and actually getting far enough with assembling them that about half of them went into the mail today. Usually I spread out the card creation over a few days; my right shoulder and elbow are a little sore from all the stamping.
- Tonight I took a break from the cards to put together a playlist for a holiday music CD swap I’m running a bit late with. It’s mostly done, other than listening to see if I like the flow, and maybe adding a song or two.
- Pretty much the only other thing I really need to do this week is pick up something for my mom for Christmas.
So there you have it in a nutshell. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get back to my plan of posting at least two or three times a week now that things are a little more under control.