One of my online reading group friends is holding a Cozy Mystery Challenge for the month of September. Without even giving it any thought, I’ve decided to jump right in. It should be easy for me to devote a whole month to cozy mysteries, since that’s what I read the most of anyway. Right now I’m rereading the Harry Potter series and I want to catch up with a couple of other YA series this summer, so by the time September rolls around I’ll probably be ready to just read a few mysteries for a while.
For now, the list of the books I’d like to try to read in September will be the cozy mysteries from my “to-read” bookshelf at GoodReads, but if I get any of them read before the challenge starts (it could happen…), I’ll substitute something else from my much longer list of “to-read” books that I store on my PDA.
- Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos – Donna Andrews (#3, Meg Langslow)
- Died to Match – Deborah Donnelly (#2, Carnegie Kincaid)
- The Cinco de Mayo Murder – Lee Harris (#17, Christine Bennett)
- Nothing to Fear But Ferrets – Linda O. Johnston (#2, Kendra Ballantyne)
- The Ghost and the Dead Deb – Alice Kimberly (#2, Haunted Bookshop)
- A Vision of Murder – Victoria Laurie (#3, Abby Cooper)
- What’s a Ghoul to Do? – Victoria Laurie (#1, M.J. Holliday)
- Last Writes – Laura Levine (#2, Jaine Austen)
- Dead Girls Don’t Wear Diamonds – Nancy Martin (#2, Blackbird Sisters)
- Murder is a Girl’s Best Friend – Amanda Matetsky (#2, Paige Turner)
- Needled to Death – Maggie Sefton (#2, Kelly Flynn)
- Fit to Die – J.B. Stanley (#2, Supper Club Mysteries)
A list of 12 seems like a few too many to try for, since I normally only read 4-6 books a month, but you never know, right?
I may have to jump in with this one. I’ll give it a looksie. Sam will be back in school then and I’ll have more time on my hands.